[Rarebooks] FS: Fine Charles Olson Handwritten Letter on Black Mountain Stationery

Charles Agvent chagvent at ptd.net
Sat Apr 6 13:15:34 EDT 2013

OLSON, Charles. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS) ON BLACK MOUNTAIN
STATIONERY TO EDWARD MARSHALL and AUTOGRAPH POSTCARD SIGNED TO MARSHALL.
A 6-page AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED "Charles Ol--" by the poet Charles
Olson to fellow poet Edward Marshall on 6 sheets of 3-3/4" x 5-1/2"
BLACK MOUNTAIN REVIEW stationery, @185 words, dated 13 February 1957
with a brief AUTOGRAPH POSTCARD, also to Marshall by Olson, SIGNED with
a drawing of a face and postmarked 3 February 1959. In the letter Olson
talks about having a bad month and his upcoming schedule of readings and
lectures on "The Special View of Auden." Olson then asks specific favors
of Marshall including "to take me off the hook if you possess copy of
Tug-of-War (as you mush have heard by now, the young dogs here took the
mss. from me--at my invitation--but didn't bring it back, or have yet
sent it) BECOZ 3 I propose to have Black Mt. College publish it." In the
postcard, with a Gloucester return address, Olson exclaims friendship
along with an enigmatic statement apparently about George Washington's
birthday with an expletive. Fine. (#011608)        $1,000.00

http://home.ptd.net/~chagvent/011608.jpg

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be
billed. Postage additional: $10.00 for the first item; $5.00 for each

info at charlesagvent.com