[Rarebooks] fa: ERNEST HAREUX - COURS COMPLET DE PEINTURE A L'HUILE 1900 - 7 PARTS in 2 VOLS.

Ardwight Chamberlain ardchamber at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 7 11:09:56 EST 2013

Listed now, along with other illustrated works, auctions ending Sunday, February 10. More details and images can be found at the URL below or by searching under the seller name arch_in_la.

http://tinyurl.com/bcytbhq

Thanks,
Ardwight Chamberlain
L.A.

Ernest Hareux: Cours Complet de Peinture à l'Huile (L'Art, la Science, le Métier du Peintre). Tome I. Outillage et matériel - Natures mortes - Fleurs, Fruits - Paysages. [AND] Tome II. Marines - Animaux - Figures. Paris: Librairie Renouard, [ca. 1900]. Two volumes, 4to (26.5 cm), bound in period half morocco over pebbled cloth; illustrated in color and black&white.

All seven parts, each paginated separately, bound in two volumes; with 300 black&white illustrations (in-text and full-page) and 33 fine full-page color "facsimiles" of paintings by the author. A complete course in oil painting, with separate sections on Tools and materials; Still lifes; Flowers and Fruit; Landscapes; Marine paintings; Animals; and Human figures. Bindings with modest wear to the edges and extremities, some sunning to the spines; streak of glue residue to front cover of vol. I; mild toning to the contents; a few leaves bumped/dinged at the fore-edges; two closed tears to the title-page of vol. I; else clean and sound, firmly bound.