[Rarebooks] fa: USELESS, DANGEROUS, OUGHT TO BE ABOLISHED! (re. House of Lords) 1884

Ardwight Chamberlain ardchamber at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 24 13:10:18 EDT 2013

Listed now, auction ending Sunday, July 28. More details and images can be found at the URL below or by searching under the seller name arch_in_la.

http://tinyurl.com/k5tldpv

Thanks again,
Ardwight Chamberlain
L.A.

"For more than eight centuries of dishonour the story of our Old  Nobility is one of all but uninterrupted and, alas! generally successful crime..."

J[ohn] Morrison Davidson: Useless, Dangerous, ought to be Abolished!… Reprinted (with additions) from the "Weekly Echo." London: The Modern Press, 1884. Small 8vo; 15 + [1] pp.

As the title suggests, a plainspoken attack on the House of Lords ("All good legislation they retard, all bad legislation they expedite. Whatever progress we have made has been made in spite of them…"). Front and rear leaves neatly detached.