[Rarebooks] F/S Numismatic Work / Anson

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Wed Oct 16 18:02:27 EDT 2013

Good afternoon;
We offer the following in advance of our listing it on-line to ABE etc
Net to the trade postpaid $350.00;

Anson, L. Numismata Graeca, Greek Coin-Types, Classified For Immediate Identification. London: L. Anson, 1911-1916. First Edition. Six parts in thirteen volumes, complete; Quarto; Part I, Text; Industry, Vases, Recipients, Tripods, etc; pp. viii, 138; Summary & Plates of Part I, pp. viii, Twenty-seven plates; Part II, Text; War; Arms, Weapons, Armours, Standards, etc; pp. (iv), 112; Summary & Plates of Part II, pp. ix, Twenty-five plates; Part III, Text; Agriculture; Plants and Trees, Fruits, Flowers, etc; pp. 152; Summary & Plates of Part III, pp. ix, Thirty plates; Part IV Text; Religion; Altars, Attributes of Deities, Sacrifice, etc; pp. 99; Summary & Plates of Part IV, pp. viii, Twenty-one plates; Part V Text; Architecture; Buildings, Edifices, Monuments, Temples, etc; Naval And Marine; Galley and parts of Shells, Trident, etc, pp. 146; Summary & Plates of Part V, pp. x, Twenty-five plates; Part VI Text; Science and the Arts; Astronomy, Sculpture, Music, Comedy, Games, etc; Various; Arm Bent, Balance ofr Scales, Boot,...., etc, pp. 108; Plus a Small Numismatic Dictionary... pp. 20; Recent Prices Realized, pp. 7; Summary & Plates of Part VI, pp. vii Twenty-two plates; General Guide Index; pp. xli; original printed wrappers; Very good. $475.00

Each part consists of text and plates; the plates were issued first. Parts III-VI (Text) have imprint: London, K. Paul, Trench, Trübner & Co. Ltd. Printed in France. A remarkable encyclpedic work!

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730