[Rarebooks] FS: Elmer Gantry, signed first edition in dust wrapper

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:52:25 EDT 2014

Lewis, Sinclair. ELMER GANTRY [signed by Lewis]. NY: Harcourt Brace, 1927.
First Edition. pp: (v), 432. First binding, with "C" on spine instead of
"G", reading "Elmer Cantry." Bound in blue cloth, stamped orange. Light
dusting to top edges of book and back panel of dust jacket. 7.5" x 5.25"
Very Good in Very Good dust-jacket. Original Cloth.
Mounted on the title-page is a printed slip: "I am sorry that I am going
abroad before there are completed copies of 'Elmer Gantry' to inscribe, and
I am asking my publishers to send you this copy with my warmest greetings
[signed in ink] Sinclair Lewis." (#036218)        $2,500.00

Terms:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.

*Reciprocal trade discount.  Free media mail shipping in the US. Shipments
abroad at cost.   Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt*

      R & A  Petrilla
Booksellers & Appraisers
          PO Box 306
  Roosevelt, NJ 08555