[Rarebooks] fs: Gouda Pottery Book, Plateel Makers, 3 vols

Back Creek Books rock at backcreekbooks.com
Sun Aug 24 16:04:44 EDT 2014

Greetings,

We offer:
~
Tasman, Ron (Edited by Friggo Visser). THE GOUDA POTTERY BOOK: PLATEEL
MAKERS IN HOLLAND (3 VOLUMES).
(Rotterdam): Optima Publishers, 2007. Hardcovers, Folios, 1262 pages,
color & black & white photographs. Near Fine, issued without dustjackets.
Detailed history of the major potteries with enough information to help
collectors accurately date their pieces, identify many of the
decorators, and determine an item’s value. Includes about 100 companies,
17 of which are extensively covered. "Comprehensive lists of models and
decoration patterns are also included. In addition to the large number
of manufacturers, many of their designers, decorators and others are
also recorded. Many moved from one company to another. An extensive
list, of some 2000 names and occupations, now makes it possible to trace
their places of work and their period of employment.To assist in clearly
dating the most colorful ceramics ever to be made in Holland, the work
also contains many pages of unique company marks and the signatures or
monograms of their decorators. Given the wealth of information, the high
quality of the photography and the care with which it has been produced,
this three-volume, large-format edition will be indispensable for Gouda
Pottery collectors around the world and a source of reading and viewing
pleasure for those interested in earthenware in general and Gouda
Pottery in particular."
$250.

Some photos:
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/11497.jpg
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/11497a.jpg
http://www.backcreekbooks.com/bookphotos/11497b.jpg

///*\\\*///*\\\*///*\\\*///*\\\*///*\\\*///*\\\
Terms:
All items offered subject to prior sale. Standard domestic shipping is
$6.00 for the first book, $1.50 each additional book or volume. Other
methods or international delivery quoted upon request. Payment accepted
by credit card (V,MC,Amex, Discover), check, money order, or PayPal. All
items fully guaranteed and returnable if not as described.

Thank you for your interest.

Best regards,

Rock

--
Back Creek Books LLC, ABAA/ILAB
194 Main Street, Annapolis, MD 21401, U.S.A.
Web: http://www.backcreekbooks.com  ~  Email: rock at backcreekbooks.com
On Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/backcreekbooks
Join our email list: http://www.backcreekbooks.com/signup.php