[Rarebooks] FS: 1699 French Art in our new Bookin'! issue

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Wed Feb 5 08:39:09 EST 2014

 From the new issue of BOOKIN'!
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-9.pdf>

  - - -

CABINET des Singularitez d'Architecture, Peinture, Sculpture, et
Graveur, ou introduction a la connoissance des plus beaux Arts, figures
sous les Tableaux, les Statues, & les Estampes, by Florent de Comte.

Paris; Estienne Picart & Nicholas le Clerc: 1699.

DISCUSSION: Two additional volumes were published, one in 1700 and one
in 1702, but this first volume is complete in itself, covering
architecture, statues and prints, the literature of prints, architect &
engraver Jean Marot and his son, prints in the Royal collection, painter
Antoine Francois van der Meulen, artistic collections at Notre-Dame, the
collection of Prince Léopold Guillaume, works of Rubens and van Dyke,
and works of portrait painter Robert Nanteuil. Florent le Comte (1655–
1712), was a French writer and engraver, and this book remains an
important source for information on the art world of the day.

with three woodcut plates of artists' monograms and several woodcut
headpieces. Full period polished calf with typical French period gilt
spine stamping. Covers worn ands splitting along the spine.Scattered
internal soil and light spotting. Lacking the engraved frontispiece.
[40107]

PRICE: $125-

SOME PICTURES =>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-page1.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-page2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-page3.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-page4.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-page5.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images394/th-40107-page6.jpg>

See this & more in the new issue of BOOKIN'!
<http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-9.pdf>

- - -

Our WEBSITE-
<http://www.joslinhall.com>

Our LATEST CATALOG-
   <http://www.joslinhall.com/Bookin-9.pdf>

Our EMAIL LIST
   is used to notify you of new catalogs and specials-

Our BLOG-
   <http://foggygates.blogspot.com/>

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.