[Rarebooks] F/S Austen & Dickens

Garry R Austin mail at austinsbooks.com
Wed May 7 13:22:44 EDT 2014

From among our new arrivals this weekend; We offer the following postpaid

The Austen @$600
The Dickens Set @$200
The Christmas Carol @$200

All Three @$850

Austen, Jane. The Novels Of Jane Austen. Boston: Little, Brown & Co., (1892). The Saint Botolph Edition, Number 18 of a limited edition of one thousand sets;. Six volumes, complete; Octavo; robins egg blue cloth, top edges gilt, paper spine labels; Illustrated with black and white frontispieces in each volume; Replacement paper labels at rear of each volume; Bright and tight, nicely printed; I; Sense And Sensibility, pp. 298; II; Pride And Prejudice, pp.287; III; Mansfield Park, pp.310; IV; Emma, pp. 315; V; Northanger Abbey & Persuasion, pp. 328; VI; Lady Susan Letters, including The Watsons, pp. 333; Very good.

Dickens, Charles. The Works Of Charles Dickens. London: Chapman & Hall, Ltd., and Humphrey Milford, printed by Horace Hart, Oxford University Press, c1920. Later printing. Twenty volumes, complete; Duodecimo; flexible red leather covered paper boards, top edges gilt, spines lettered in gilt with an embossed bust of Dickens at center of the front boards, illustrated end papers, ribbon book mark in each volume; Illustrations by Cruikshank, Phiz, etc. Bright and tight; Very good.  A nicely printed set.

Dickens, Charles. A Christmas Carol In Prose. Being A Ghost Story Of Christmas. Boston: Ticknor and Fields, 1869. New Edition. Royal octavo; pp. 111; illustrated with a frontispiece and twenty-four black and white plates by Sol Eytinge, Jr., engraved by A. V. S. Anthony; gilt lettered green cloth with bevelled edges, all edges gilt, brown coated endpapers; Very good.
Gift inscription from Christmas of 1868. Only 4000 copies printed. Pye #87, The 100 Most Significant Books Published By Ticknor and Fields 1832-1871. A lovely copy.

Garry R Austin
mail at austinsbooks.com
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730