[Rarebooks] FS: Civil War Soldier's ALS from Harper's Ferry

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Sat May 17 11:11:23 EDT 2014

Heath, J.S. HANDWRITTEN CIVIL WAR SOLDIER'S LETTER (ALS) FROM HARPERS
FERRY, March 12, 1865: Addressed to a Mr. A. Whithade [probably Addison
Whithed, born 1824 at Vernon, Vermont].  Original manuscript.  1-1/2pp,
written in a readable hand, with misspellings, in part: "...I was very glad
to hear from you once more and to hear of what was going on in old Vernon.
Our Cavalry left winchester two weeks ago to morrow on a rade tha onley
took five ambulances with them from the 3rd Division the remander was sent
to the rear that is why I am back hear....You wrote you had reseved my
Money you will oblige Me by sending My Wife fifty dolars....she is in
want....I have not bin paid for six months. She is very anxous to git back
to Vernon...." Signed, J.S. Heath.  8" x 5"  Very Good.  (#036626)
$125.00

Terms:  Payment by check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.

*Reciprocal trade discount.  Price includes domestic First Class mail.
Shipments abroad at cost.   Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt if
found to be other than as described.*

      R & A  Petrilla
Booksellers & Appraisers
          PO Box 306