[Rarebooks] FS: Cattle-ranching ALS on Perryman's-O-Ranch letterhead, Crafton, Texas, 1898

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 09:47:01 EDT 2014

Snead, S.C. PERRYMAN'S-O-RANCH, CRAFTON, TEXAS--Handwritten letter (ALS) on
engraved letterhead, featuring a bull: Registered and High Grade Durham
Cattle - Cattle Above and Below Quarantine. Original manuscript. One page,
quarto. Addressed to a Mr. W.M. Southerland at Emma, Texas, August 25,
1898. In part: "Dear Billy....Get everything together as close as you can.
Get the small colt out of the 69 pasture....I have leased the Crosby Co.
pasture and now want to have everything so that we can pull out by Oct. 1st
sharp.....Can not tell why party did not come to look at the steers...."
Original folds; with the mailing envelope. Very Good.
S.C. Snead managed this ranch owned by E.S. Perryman, a prominent breeder
of bulls and short-horn cattle. (#036412) $50.00

Terms:  Check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.

*Reciprocal trade discount.  Price includes domestic shipping.Shipments
abroad at cost.   Returns accepted within 10 days of receipt if found to be
other than as described.*

      R & A  Petrilla
Booksellers & Appraisers
          PO Box 306