[Rarebooks] FS: "Day by Day on Okinawa," a Marine's film script

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:54:53 EDT 2015

Strohmeier, Edward "Doc". DAY BY DAY ON OKINAWA: Film script. s.l.: Tom
Carmody, 1995. First Edition. 64pp folio, mimeographed on rectos only.
Tablet format, spiral bound at top. 14" x 8.5" Very Good. Spiral-bound
stiff wrappers.
Carmody prepared this script from Strohmeier's account. The script begins:
"This is Tom Carmody speaking and I am speaking on behalf of Edward 'Doc'
Strohmeier. Doc was the Corpsman 3rd Class assigned to the 1st Platoon,
Easy Company, 2nd Bn., 4th Marine Regiment, 6th Marine Division. After the
battle for Guam was over (08/21/44), we returned to our base on Guadalcanal
to begin training for another battle. We had lost our Corpsman during the
fight at Guam. Among our replacements was Ed 'Doc' Strohmeier....Doc
trained with us. He was Navy but we considered him a Marine and a Marine
Raider....Doc went with our platoon to Okinawa....Many were killed and many
were wounded....Doc was the only one who went all the way--Day by day
without a scratch....Early on Doc wrote about our participation in the
battle of Okinawa. He covered the period from the landing until about May
24, 1945....There are 122 handwritten pages....I hope everyone likes this
treatment...." [WorldCat records this book only as part of a trilogy, with
one holding at Indiana State Library.]    $75.00

Trade discount 20%, postpaid in US

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Booksellers/Appraisers                     PO Box 306
 Roosevelt, NJ 08555                   (609) 426-4999
<%28609%29%20426-4999>*

*Sign up for New Arrival Notifications:**        www.petrillabooks.com
<http://www.petrillabooks.com>*

*           Member:  ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*