[Rarebooks] F/S Scarce book on the Maine Woods / Angling

Garry Austin garryraustin at gmail.com
Mon May 11 18:08:50 EDT 2015

Barrows, S. J. and I. C. Barrows. The Shaybacks In Camp. Ten Summers Under Canvas. Boston, Houghton, Mifflin Company, 1887.
First edition; Duodecimo; pp; vi, 7-305; frontispiece map of Lake Memphremagog in Maine; pictorial tan linen lettered in brown; An ex-library copy with the bookplate stating”withdrawn” on the front paste-down and the residue of the pocket on the rear paste-down, no other stamps or spine markings; light soil, previous owner’s name in pencil on a preliminary, else very good; Bruns B-54; “Ten summers of camping, including fishing and some intelligent conclusions regarding it. There is an extraordinary chapter on camping in India” . It was reprinted in 1897, there are no original copies currently being offered in the Trade, only Kessinger/Nabu outrages.

We offer the above net to and postpaid at $95

Austin’s Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730
Wilmington VT 05363
mail at austinsbooks.com <mailto:mail at austinsbooks.com>