[Rarebooks] F/ S Piracy Mutiny & Murder Confession of Charles Gibbs 1831

Garry R Austin austbook at sover.net
Tue Apr 26 17:26:46 EDT 2016

We are offering this postpaid and net to all @$100

Please read the description thoroughly.
(Piracy) Mutiny And Murder. Confession Of Charles Gibbs, A Native of
Rhode Island, Who, with Thomas J. Wansley, was doomed to be hung in New
York on the 22d of April last, for the murder of the captain and mate of
the Brig Vineyard ... Annexed is a solemn address to youth ...
Providence; Israel Smith, 1831.
Small octavo; pp; 36; frontispiece and one additional woodcut plate,
each depicting the dumping of poor souls overboard; originally issued in
blue paper wrappers; A remarkably scarce piece of Pirate Literature.

This copy is defective. We are offering it w.a.f. It has the
frontispiece, the title page and the text begins as it should, on page
5, it continues thru page 8. We are lacking the remainder of the text
pp. 9-36, and the additional plate, but we are providing these pages,
the remainder of the pamphlet in facsimile. Some foxing;

Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730
Wilmington VT 05363
802 464-8438