[Rarebooks] FS: Elmer Gantry, signed first in dw

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 08:26:31 EST 2016

Lewis, Sinclair. ELMER GANTRY [signed by Lewis]. NY: Harcourt Brace, 1927.
First Edition. pp: (v), 432. First binding, with "C" on spine instead of
"G", reading "Elmer Cantry." Bound in blue cloth, stamped orange. Light
dusting to top edges of book and back panel of dust jacket. 7.5" x 5.25"
Very Good in Very Good dust-jacket. Original Cloth.
Mounted on the title-page is a printed slip: "I am sorry that I am going
abroad before there are completed copies of 'Elmer Gantry' to inscribe, and
I am asking my publishers to send you this copy with my warmest greetings
[signed in ink] Sinclair Lewis."    $1,200.00

Trade discount, postpaid in US

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Antiquarian Booksellers                     PO Box 306
   Roosevelt, NJ 08555                   (609) 426-4999
<%28609%29%20426-4999>*

*      Member:  ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*