[Rarebooks] FS: Connecticut girl's handwritten essays, 1875

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 08:42:21 EDT 2016

Breed, Carrie C. GROUP OF EIGHT (8) HANDWRITTEN ESSAYS AND FIVE (5)
LITERARY EXCERPTS, BY THIS SCHOOLGIRL OF PARKER ACADEMY, WOODBURY,
CONNECTICUT, 1875-1879. Original manuscripts. The 13 manuscripts constitute
about 36 octavo pages of material, written in ink by a neat hand, and all
signed by Carrie C. Breed. Essay titles are: The Culture of House Plants;
Influence; A Day in the World; House-cleaning; Politeness; Spring;
Hospitality; and Benevolence. The literary excerpts, copied for penmanship
with pencilled corrections, are: Scenes of Childhood; My Beth (from "Little
Women"); In the Garret (from "Little Women"); Filial Trust; and What I Live
For.  Very Good.   $150.00

Trade discount 20%, postpaid in US

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Antiquarian Booksellers                     PO Box 306
   Roosevelt, NJ 08555                   (609) 426-4999
<%28609%29%20426-4999>*

*      Member:  ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*