[Rarebooks] FS: NJ Coal manuscripts

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Wed May 25 07:46:47 EDT 2016

New Jersey / Morris and Essex Mutual Coal Company. GROUP OF FIVE (5) PROXY
VOTES, SIGNED BY VARIOUS SHAREHOLDERS IN THE COMPANY, JANUARY 1868. Newark,
NJ: Wm. D. Roe & Co., Stationers, 1868. Original documents. Five engraved
forms, accomplished by hand in sepia ink, signed by five different
shareholders and five witnesses. For example: "Know all Men by these
Presents, that I, Joseph L. Clark of Morristown, N.J. do hereby constitute
and appoint Samuel W. Corwin of Newark, New Jersey, my Attorney and Agent
for me and in my name, place and stead to vote in my proxy at any Annual or
Special Meeting of the Morris & Essex Mutual Coal Co. according to the
number of votes I should be entitled to vote if then personally present. In
Witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand and seal this Twenty First day
of January, one thousand eight hundred and Sixty Eight. [signed] Jos. L.
Clark. Sealed and Delivered in the presence of [signed' H. Fred Scofield."
Small paper seal on each document. 7" x 8.5"  Good .
[WorldCat records only Charter and by-laws of the Morris and Essex Mutual
Coal Company, Morristown, 1866, published two years before this group of
proxy votes were accomplished. This company is not in the Rutgers U
NJ-collection catalog.] $200.00

Trade discount, postpaid in US

    *  R & A  Petrilla*

*          Antiquarian Booksellers                     PO Box 306
   Roosevelt, NJ 08555                   (609) 426-4999
<%28609%29%20426-4999>*

*      Member:  ABAA, ILAB, IOBA*