[Rarebooks] F/S Berhardt Wall Autographed Letter Signed, Als written on the Verso of An Etching

Garry R Austin austbook at sover.net
Thu Oct 20 17:34:17 EDT 2016

-- We offer for your consideration the following, net to all & postpaid
@$125.00.

From
Austin's Antiquarian Books
PO Box 730
Wilmington, Vt. 05363
mail at austinsbooks.com
802 464-8438

Wall, Berhardt. Autographed Letter Signed; Circa 1921, one page to an
unknown recipient, Larry,  written on the verso of this etching;

J. Ray Johnson | Wall 1921 [half-length portrait]. Dark brown. Signed.
 From Wall's Etched Monthly. 17.5 x 12.5 cm.

June 25, 1AM

Dear Larry,
Your good letter at hand also Englands' - turned over to his executive
Sec??? and some Flag notes - Saw earmarks of your ???? in the new
regeneration - Sorry not to have seen you again - called at Astor at 2 -
you were checked out.

Lady Speyer's poem which I made into a book got the prize in the
Southern Poetry Society Contest.
Am booked for a lecture Nov. 3 - at Metropolitan Museum of Art.
Ft. Worth Tx vote by Board of Alderman gave me freedom of city, signed
by Mayor, his Sec'y great city seal - and notary sign and seal.
Am to make 3 new private books - one for (Louis) Chalif, the famous
dancing teacher.
It is hot. - too hot to work, but we (small squiggle) must. I appreciate
your interest in this ???? Roosevelt, he does too. Shall see the Redpath
this week. The "Billboard" has a dandy write up this week.

Well hope you'll be in Louisville - I like the city very much. Remember
me to L???
Good night, yours, Ever Bernhardt Wall

Sent from Postbox