[Rarebooks] FS: Roycrofters

Ian Brabner, Rare Americana ian at rareamericana.com
Mon Oct 31 11:46:37 EDT 2016

We can offer today:

[Roycrofters]
Roycrofters and Roycroft Shop Letters c. 1900.
[East Aurora, New York: 1900–1902.] Two small 8vo TLsS on printed
Roycrofters letterhead. One “Life Membership” receipt. One letter with
small closed tear, but not affecting content.

Three items from The Roycrofters. The first is a Life Membership sent to
Dr. Gerald T. Hunt at the bequest of an A.W. Cooke. Dr. Hunt receives a
subscription to the Philistine as well.

The second item, is a TLS signed in ink The Roycrofters to Mr. Cooke
notifying him Dr. Hunt’s name has been recorded on the “Great Roster of
Immortals” and that we will receive their house publication “...regularly
for 99 years (but no longer)...”

The last item is a 1902 TLS autographed “Elbert Hubbard” (likely by a
clerk) notifying Mrs. Peterson of a book she is receiving that the
Roycrofters think “...is quite a Book. Anyway we have woven a lot of loving
care into its making. We know you will be glad to inspect it as you have
the spirit that is able to appreciate these Choice Things…”

All items typewritten on The Roycrofters traditional pumpkin-colored paper
stock.

$75

IB: 3726173 9

Best,
Ian Brabner

Ian Brabner, Rare Americana (ABAA-ILAB)
(302) 998-2886  www.RareAmericana.com
PO Box 4900  Wilmington, DE 19808 USA

Member: Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America, International
League of Antiquarian Booksellers, Manuscript Society