[Rarebooks] FS: 1934 Nasal Drinking Medical Cure from India

Joslin Hall Rare Books office at joslinhall.com
Tue Jun 6 12:11:17 EDT 2017

"Nasal Drinking or a Panacea for Health"

By Narayan Das Bhatia. Published in Indore by Swarup Brothers in 1934 in
an edition of 1000 copies.

A fascinating and detailed treatise on a system of ‘nasal drinking’,
based on the ancient practice of Usha-pan, as worked out by the author
after several years of experiments. In the preface his friend, professor
Jwala Prasad Singhal, relates that the practice cured his toothache, a
plausible enough claim, and further states that the related practice of
‘douching the nose’ is used to prevent meningitis, a somewhat more
dubious one. The work is illustrated with black & white photos of the
author practicing on himself in a variety of yoga-like positions.
Narayan das Bhatia was a professor at Daly College in Indore. A very
uncommon book; OCLC locates only one institutional location and no
copies were available on the internet when this was catalogued.

Hardcover. 5”x7.5”, 242 pages, 1 line illustration and 23 black & white
illustrations on 20 plates. Minor soil, light cover wear, shadow on
title page and facing page where a newspaper clipping was apparently
stored at one time; French newspaper clipping about nasal drinking glued
to the front paste-down.  $75

Some Pictures =>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-cover.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-cover2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-page1.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-page2.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-page3.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-page4.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-page5.jpg>
<http://www.joslinhall.com/images417/th-42763-page6.jpg>

  - - - -

Website
http://www.joslinhall.com

Our email list
http://www.joslinhall.com/newslist.htm

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/joslinhallbooks

Twitter
https://twitter.com/joslinhall

Tumblr
https://joslinhall.tumblr.com

  ~ ~ ~

TERMS:
All payments must be in U.S. funds and negotiable through a U.S. bank;
We accept checks, money orders, American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
Books may be reserved pending payment; Institutions may be billed;
Standard courtesies to institutions and the trade; Postage charges are
$5.00 for the first book, and $2.00 for each additional book. Shipments
outside the U.S. will be billed at cost. We accept returns if we are
notified within ten days of your receipt of the books-please ask for
full instructions and terms. Massachusetts residents must add 6.25%
state sales tax.