[Rarebooks] FS: Allen Ginsberg Handwritten Letter on the Hare Krishnas and his meditation practices

Charles Agvent charles at charlesagvent.com
Fri Jul 28 09:39:41 EDT 2023

GINSBERG, Allen. AUTOGRAPH LETTER (AL). Boulder, CO, 14 June 1983 (from
postmark). On both sides of a letter on 6" x 9" lined paper to Ginsberg
asking if he were still involved with the Hare Krishnas, he responds:
"Not since 1968-- No-- I like Bhaktivedanta Swami Dispite [sic] his
hard-shell Baptist style orthodoxy-- but I don't follow their theistic
approach and I do follow Buddhist meditation practice Take a look at
Chogyam Trungpa’s books-- MEDITATION IN ACTION and CUTTING THRU
SPIRITUAL MATERIALISM published -- Shambhala Press, Boulder. or see NEW
AGE JOURNAL June 1983 for my meditation activities. or read BEGINNERS
MIND, ZEN MIND by Suzuki Roshi (not D. T. Suzuki) OK--" With the
envelope hand-addressed by Ginsberg with the return address of the
Naropa Institute. While not signed by the poet, interesting content.
Folds from mailing. Near Fine. (#021436)        $600

https://www.charlesagvent.com/pages/books/021436/allen-ginsberg/autograph-letter-al

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional: $12.00 for the first item; $6.00 for each thereafter for

CHARLES AGVENT

37 Ridge Drive

Fleetwood, PA 19522-9638

484-575-8825