[Rarebooks] Signed by Bierce

Mark Stirling bookworm at tahoesnow.com
Wed Jan 28 18:26:48 EST 2004

For Sale from Up-Country Letters, South Lake Tahoe, California:

Bierce, Ambrose.     Black Beetles in Amber.  San Francisco and New York: Western Authors Publishing Co., 1892. First edition, 2nd issue. Original printed wrappers, rear wrapper lacking. Bierce has signed the obverse of the frontispiece. The "unsold sheets (were) re-issued in (a) printed wrapper by Johnson and Emigh, San Francisco, as No. 1 of Popular Authors' Series" (BAL 1111). Wrapper a little worn, darkened. Two old bookseller's stampings, not noxious. A Fine copy.     $750

 Up-Country Letters is a rare bookselling concern operated by Mark Stirling.  We specialize in Nineteenth Century American and English Literature with an emphasis on Transcendentalism;   Emerson, Thoreau, and their friends and associates.  Most of our inventory may be seen on-line at www.abebooks.com.

   Any item may be returned within 10 days if found to be unsatisfactory.  Postage is extra and items will be shipped at cost.  Payment may be made by most of the major credit cards and personal checks are welcome.

Up-Country Letters,   P.O. Box 550367,  South Lake Tahoe, California
96155-0007.
(530) 577-2089                 bookworm at tahoesnow.com