[Rarebooks] FS: Framed Autograph Letter from Ralph Waldo Emerson

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Sun Apr 3 13:00:51 EDT 2005

EMERSON,  Ralph Waldo. AUTOGRAPH LETTER SIGNED (ALS). Concord:  11
June  1861.  A 4-page letter on both sides of a 9-1/2" x 7-1/2"  piece
of  paper  folded  in half containing @175 words addressed to  a  Mrs.
Dudley  concerning  an  invitation  to the Emerson  home.  Matted  and
framed  to  an  overall size of 13" x 22" so that both  sides  of  the
letter  are exposed with an engraved portrait of Emerson on each  side
above  the letter and an engraved view on each side below the  letter,
one  of  Emerson's home and the other of his library. Emerson  invites
the  Dudleys with a specific date and gives train directions for  that
date  as  well as other potential dates. With a fine, large  SIGNATURE
"R.  W.  Emerson."  One of the longest letters of invitation  we  have
ever  encountered.  Framed some time ago and not examined out  of  the
frame.  Minor  stains at the base of the mat but attractive and  ready
to hang on your wall.                                         $1500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $25.00.  Overseas postage billed at approximate cost.

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent