[Rarebooks] FS - Rare and collectible medical books

GREENFIELD BOOKS mail at greenfieldbooks.com
Mon May 2 17:23:25 EDT 2005

Greenfield Books has recently acquired two significant collections of medical books. One is from the estate of the late Dr. Robert Beamish, the noted cardiologist, and former editor of /The Canadian Journal of Cardiology/. The other is from the library of a prominent American gastroenterologist.

We are in the process of cataloging these books, but we have produced an interim list of sixty interesting titles, the details of which may be viewed by clicking on this link:

www.greenfieldbooks.com/MedicalList.html

Some of the more significant titles include:

* Beaumont, /Experiments and Observations on the Gastric Juice and the Physiology of Digestion/, 1st edition.
* Laennec, /A Treatise on the Diseases of the Chest/, 1st American edition.
* /The New England Journal of Medicine and Surgery/, Volume II, 1813.
* Rush, /Medical Inquiries and Observations/, 1st edition.
* Stokes, /The Diseases of the Heart and the Aorta/, 1st edition.

All of the titles on this list are priced in US funds, and are available for sale and immediate shipment.

If you wish further information, please let us know. If you wish to be notified, as additional lists are prepared from these collections, please let us know, as well.

GREENFIELD BOOKS
Member: ABAC/ILAB and
The Ephemera Society of America
217 Academy Road,