[Rarebooks] FS: Solorzano's laws of the New World. Madrid: 1639

Karmbooks at aol.com Karmbooks at aol.com
Tue Oct 11 14:39:41 EDT 2005

Solorzano Pereira, Juan de. TRADUCCION DE LA DEDICATORIA REAL I EPISTOLAS
PROEMIALES DEL SEGUNDO TOMO DEL DERECHO I GOBIERNO DE LAS INDIAS OCCIDENTALES...
(Madrid): En la Oficina de Francisco Martinez. 1639. First edition in Spanish.
Sm. folio. ff.(5),62. Engraved title page with allegorical border. Cont. limp
vellum. Rear blank endpapers torn. A few minor marginal annotations and
underlinings. A near fine copy.     $2,500.00 (trade discount allowed)
An epitome of the author’s 2 volume Latin work titled “Disputationum de
Indiarum Jure” (1629-1639), Solarzano Pereira, a renowned Spanish jurist, lawyer,
and administrator, was prosecutor for the Council of the Indies,  which was
responsible for Spain’s American colonies. He wrote, as he does here, on the
laws of the New World. OCLC locates only 3 copies, under 2 accession numbers.
Sabin 86532; Palau 318979; EUROPEAN-AMERICANA 639/113; Medina 1005. Not in BL.

Kenneth Karmiole, Bookseller, Inc.
P.O. Box 464
Santa Monica, CA 90406
Tel. (310) 451-4342; Fax. (310) 458-5930
Email: karmbooks at aol.com