[Rarebooks] FS: LBJ's Limited Signed Perspectives of the Presidency, Inscribed to his Secretary of the Treasury

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Thu Apr 6 07:46:36 EDT 2006

 From our new catalogue of SIGNED PRESIDENTIAL material now posted on our
website: http://www.erols.com/agvent.  Also included are important signed and
association copies of Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman and Theodore Roosevelt.

JOHNSON,  Lyndon  B.  THE  VANTAGE  POINT:  PERSPECTIVES  OF  THE
PRESIDENCY  1963-1969 Inscribed to a member of his Cabinet. New  York:
Holt  Rinehart  Winston (1971). First Edition. Originally  bound  in a
rather  flimsy and impractical padded red leather, this copy has  been
recently  rebound  in matching red cloth with the original spine  laid
down.  Illustrated  with  photographs. Copy #24 of 300 SIGNED  by  the
author  on  the  limitation  page. In addition,  LBJ  has  filled  the
dedication  page with an absolutely superb INSCRIPTION to a member  of
his  Cabinet: "To Henry Fowler--/When Character, Wisdom/and patriotism
are  honored/you  will stand tall--/You stood and  still  stand/like a
rock  with me--/Lyndon B. Johnson." After a stint as Undersecretary of
the   Treasury  in  the  Kennedy   administration,  Fowler  served  as
Johnson's  Secretary  of  the  Treasury from 1965  to  1968  where  he
presided  over  the  last balanced budget in recent  American  history
until  Clinton's  administration  in 1998. Fowler was  known  for  his
loyalty  to Johnson throughout the administration's ups and downs, and
Johnson's  inscription  clearly  expresses   his  recognition  of  and
gratitude  for that loyalty. Fowler was featured on the cover of  TIME
Magazine  on  10  September 1965. About Fine and  with  a  sensational
inscription.                                                  $7500.00

--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional:  $8.00 for the first book, $4.00 each thereafter.  Overseas

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent