[Rarebooks] For Sale: Books on cockfighting, poultry, &c.

Norman Kane nkane at kanebooks.com
Tue Dec 25 23:41:57 EST 2007

[WILLIAMS COLLECTION.]  A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF THE BOOKS TREATING ON FANCY
PIGEONS CONTAINED IN THE LIBRARY OF T. B. COOMBE WILLIAMS WITH NOTES
ON THEIR RARITY AND VALUE . . . BY JOHN E. NORRIS.   London, 1887,
Reprinted Paoli, Pa., 1983.  One of 150 copies only.  Original
printed wrappers, 20 pages. A nice copy.  $60.00

NORRIS, JOHN E.  BOOKS ON POULTRY AND COCK-FIGHTING, A COLLECTORS
BIBLIOGRAPHY. (Kennett Square: KNA Press), 1977.  First
edition.  Original pictorial wrappers, v, 33 pages.  SIGNED
inscription to me by Norris (John and I co-published a reprint of a
rare pamphlet on Dorkings by Corny Weygandt, who, like Norris, was a
poultry fancier. Michal and  I only raised chickens to eat.  They
were interesting to watch, especially to see what the old roosters
did to the young upstarts, but were by no means fancy.)  Nice copy.  $50.00

NORRIS, JOHN & PALMER, JOHN.  A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF GAMECOCKS &
COCK-FIGHTING.  Christchurch, New Zealand: Arnold, 1995.  Revised
Edition.  Original pictorial wrappers, [2], 34 pages.  Nice copy.
Illustrated. (The first edition had only 150 items listed; this
revision has 169.)
$50.00

WRIGHT, LUCILLE N.  BOOKS ON POULTRY HUSBANDRY.  Ithaca: Publication
#2, Rice Poultry Library, Cornell University, 1961. Original printed
red wrappers,  79 pages.  Nice copy.
$25.00

That's all folks.   Trade discount available.

THE AMERICANIST (ABAA),
113 Creeks Edge, Chapel Hill, NC USA 27516-8962
Telephone: 919-967-9287 email: nkane at kanebooks.com.
Proprietor: Norman Kane (50 years as an antiquarian bookseller.)