[Rarebooks] FS: THE WORLD IN THE AIR Signed by 7 noted aviation pioneers

Charles Agvent agvent at erols.com
Mon Mar 26 10:35:03 EDT 2007

 From our new Internet-only Catalogue which has just been posted on our
website: http://www.erols.com/agvent
It contains 57 AVIATION & SPACE items including a selection of books
from the library of leading World War I Ace Eddie Rickenbacker, as well
as books signed by Neil Armstrong, Amelia Earhart, Charles Lindbergh,
and Antoine Saint Exupery, and some interesting 19th century aviation
material.

MILLER,  Francis  Trevelyan. THE WORLD IN THE AIR. THE  STORY  OF
FLYING  IN  PICTURES.  New York & London: G. P.  Putnam's  Sons  1930.
First  Edition.  Two quarto (8-1/4" x 11-1/2") volumes bound  in  half
parchment  with  parchment  corners over  marbled  light-purple  paper
boards--other  copies  we  have handled had  copper-  or  blue-colored
paper--and  printed on Ragleaf all-rag paper. Copy #112 of 500 of  the
Pioneers  Edition  SIGNED  by the author and publisher as well  as  by
seven  noted  pioneers  of aeronautics, all two per  page  except  for
Curtiss,  including Glenn Curtiss who made the first public flight  in
America;  Dr. Hugo Eckener, commander of the "Graf Zeppelin," who made
the  first airship flight around the world; Louis Bleriot who made the
first  airplane flight across the English Channel; Dr. Claude Dornier,
German  designer  and builder of multi-engined aircraft; Henri  Farman
who  made  the  first distance flight in Europe; Major  G.  H.  Scott,
commander  of  the first Trans-Atlantic voyage in an airship in  1919;
and  Lieut.  Arthur Whitten Brown, co-commander of the  first  nonstop
airplane  flight across the Atlantic in 1919. An impressive collection
of  important aviation signatures as well as a wonderfully illustrated
history  of  flight. Leather spine label on the second volume  chipped
with  loss  of the word "The" from the title. Minor soiling and  wear.
Near Fine                                                     $3000.00
--

All books subject to prior sale.  Cash with order; institutions may be
billed.  Postage additional:  $15.00.  Overseas postage billed at

Mertztown, PA  19539-8750
Voice/Fax: 610-682-4750
agvent at erols.com
Visit our home page:  http://www.erols.com/agvent