[Rarebooks] FS: Crew newsletter, published aboard USS Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:43:08 EST 2014

USS Franklin D. Roosevelt (CVB-42). F.D. REPORTER: Published for the Crew
by the Crew about their Shipmates and Shiplife. Broken run of 13 issues,
starting with Volume I, Number 1. USS Franklin D. Roosevelt: Ship's Print
Shop, 1945-1947. First Editions. Fourteen issues, averaging 12-16 pages
each; illus throughout from photographs and cartoons. 10.5" x 8.25" Near
Fine. Printed self-wraps.
These periodicals offer a colorful look at life aboard this 45,000-ton
aircraft carrier at the end of World War II as well as shore leave in
various ports. Present are: Vol. I, Nos. 1-4, 6, 7, 9; Vol. II, Nos. 1, 2,
4-6; Vol. III, No. 2 (December 1945 - February 1947 passim). "Rosie" went
on to serve fighting squadrons nobly through the Vietnam War.   $125.00

Terms:  Check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
*Reciprocal trade discount.  Price includes domestic shipping.  *
*Shipments abroad at cost.   Returns accepted within 10 days of
receipt if found to be other than as described.*

      R & A  Petrilla
Booksellers & Appraisers
          PO Box 306
  Roosevelt, NJ 08555