[Rarebooks] FS: Collection of WWII Andrews Sisters sheet music

Bob Petrilla petrillabooks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 07:47:25 EST 2014

Andrews Sisters. SHEET MUSIC TO SONGS RECORDED BY THE ANDREWS SISTERS: A
Core Collection of 36 Pictorial Folios, Marking the Trio's Performances
during World War II. Various places: Various publishers, Circa 1940s.
mostly First Editions. Song titles: Along the Navajo Trail; Apple Blossom
Time; Beat Me Daddy Eight to the Bar; Beautiful Brown Eyes; Boogie Woogie
Bugle Boy; Bounce Me Brother with A Solid Four;
Coax Me a Little Bit; Don’t Fence Me In; Down by the O-hi-o; Down in the
Valley; Ferry-Boat Serenade; Heartaches; Heartbreaker; Hold Tight--Hold
Tight; House of Blue Lights; I Can Dream, Can’t I?; I Wanna Be Loved; I'll
Be with You in Apple Blossom Time; Joseph! Joseph!; The Lady from 29 Palms;
Oh, Johnny, Oh, Johnny, Oh!; Oh, You Sweet One; On Top of Old Smoky; Open
Door-Open Arms; Pennsylvania Polka (2, different pictures); A Penny a
Kiss-A Penny a Hug; Rhumboogie; Rum and Coca-Cola; Say “Si Si”; Shoo-Shoo
Baby (2, different pictures); Stars are the Windows of Heaven; There Will
Never Be Another You; Underneath the Arches; Whispering Hope; The
Woodpecker Song; You’re Just a Flower from An Old Bouquet.
 Very Good. Pictorial Covers.
The Andrews Sisters were the most popular female vocal group in the first
half of the 20th century, peaking during the swing and boogie-woogie eras
of the late 1930s through the 1940s. LaVerne, Maxene and Patty created a
close-harmony sound that would be covered years later by Bette Midler,
Christina Aguilera, and a few others. Over the course of their long
careers, The Andrews Sisters had sold 75 million records by the 1970s, and
were inducted into the Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 1998.   $200.00

Terms:  Check, money order, PayPal, or credit card in US funds.
*Reciprocal trade discount.  Price includes domestic shipping.  *
*Shipments abroad at cost.   Returns accepted within 10 days of
receipt if found to be other than as described.*

      R & A  Petrilla
Booksellers & Appraisers
          PO Box 306
  Roosevelt, NJ 08555