[Rarebooks] FS: 1843-44 GRAHAM'S MAGAZINE with several contributions by Edgar Allen Poe

Charles Agvent charles at charlesagvent.com
Mon Sep 26 11:59:25 EDT 2022

(POE, Edgar Allan). GRAHAM'S MAGAZINE. Vol. XXIII: June 1843-January
1844. Philadelphia: George R. Graham, 1843. First Edition. Black
morocco-backed marbled boards with matching leather corners and a
gilt-lettered red morocco label with the owner's name on the front
cover. Illustrated with 20 steel engravings, 4 of which are
hand-colored. Illustrations include fashion plates as well as a portrait
of William Cullen Bryant and a New York City view. First appearance in
print of several minor pieces by Poe including "Our Amateur Poets," as
well as contributions by James Fenimore Cooper, Miss Elizabeth B.
Barrett, and William Cullen Bryant. With an article on Cuba by Epes
Sargent. Mostly light, sporadic foxing; moderate rubbing to covers. Very
Good. (#021036)        $300

https://www.charlesagvent.com/pages/books/021036/edgar-allan-poe/grahams-magazine-vol-xxiii-june-1843-january-1844

--
All books subject to prior sale. Cash with order; institutions may be billed.
Postage additional: $12.00 for the first item; $6.00 for each thereafter for

CHARLES AGVENT

37 Ridge Drive

Fleetwood, PA 19522-9638

484-575-8825