[Rarebooks] For Sale: L. Ron Hubbard, Spy Killer

info at johnhowellforbooks.com info at johnhowellforbooks.com
Mon Mar 11 14:03:06 EDT 2024

Offered Today:

L. Ron Hubbard.

Spy Killer.

(Hollywood, CA): Author Services, Inc, (1990). Classic Fiction Series.

8vo. 9 1/2 x 6 1/4 inches. [vi], iii, [iii], 119 pp. Illustrated half-
and title pages, black and white frontispiece portrait of a young
Hubbard, running heads at the top of pages, list of Hubbard’s Classic
Fiction Series titles available from Author Services, order card; text
clean, unmarked. Gilt-stamped full black morocco over flexible boards,
all edges gilt, silk moiré end-papers; binding square and tight. Mel
Kavin’s copy. KJH1123-125. Fine.

$40 plus $4 Media Mail, ordered through my website

FIRST BOOK EDITION (stated on the copyright page), first published in
1935. Hubbard spins a yarn about pre-Communist China, where an American
sailor jumps ship after being falsely accused of an onboard murder, and
soon finds himself in Shanghai and mixed up with a female White Russian
spy, Chinese intelligence services, and a Japanese spy.

https://www.johnhowellforbooks.com/product/5771

Subject to prior sale.

Trade courtesy can be arranged by email or phone.

PayPal or credit card purchases available through the website. Checks
accepted via advance arrangement.

Returns for any reason, if arranged with me within 15 days of receipt.

John Howell
310 367-9720